Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philj22
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black Screen with no lights will not power or boot up & power from charger is ok

Compaq B1916TU
Microsoft Windows XP

Would this problem be faulty mother boards there are 2 # installed - 431267-001  & are they available at what price price

I have done 15 second hard reset to no avail

I am aware that this laptop op sys is obsolite but I wish to keep it as a store & fileing cabinete only

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 338
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black Screen with no lights will not power or boot up & power from charger is ok

Hi@Philj22,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I was going through your post and understand that you need assistance in finding the right part for your PC and the cost for the same. Is that, right?

I request you to contact our online store which ideally should help you find the right part for the PC and also help you buy it online.

Use the link below to get in touch with the HP Parts store.

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ

Hope that answers you the question. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Philj22
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the HP web site address for parts enquiries but I expected more expert confirmation that my problem was maybe defective mother boards - I have checked the cord & have 20v at the input - no lights - where does the power go after input socket- can I use my multimeter to search for power  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 338
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@philj22,

Thanks for the response.

You may use different gadgets to test the components but again as per the information you have shared,

I would recommend you to replace the failed component to have the PC up and running

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Philj22
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you a computer hardware technician / programer or other HP employee  it would appear to me that you dont understand my explanation of the problem with my laptop ------it will not power up, no lights, black screen, the input voltage is 20 volts confirming charger & lead are OK ----------- Basic Troubleshoot indicates -- (a faulty board) this does not say or confirm the Mother Board is the fault at all which I as an amatur assumed could be the problem ----- so what component or board is faulty from my simple explanation ---it is a given that somthing needs replacing - QUESTION IS WHAT ?????  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,382 2,201
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Philj22,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

(so what component or board is faulty from my simple explanation ---it is a given that something needs replacing) Answering to your question, this could just be an issue with system board or it could also have multiple part failure, since we are not able to diagnose it completely I would suggest you either call our HP phone support or contact a local technician to get the system board replaced or get the unit repaired. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation