Florida_87 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen, Caps Lock button blinking

Hp Stream x360
Lap top died overnight. Plugged it in the next morning and the light from the mouse and the power button all came on as they normally would but the screen remains black and the caps lock led light continuously blinks.
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen, Caps Lock button blinking

Hi @Florida_87, 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! Based on your description, I understand that you are experiencing the Caps Lock LED blinking. This is a great question others may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others.

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Did you receive any error messages before this happened?

How many times is the Caps Lock LED blinking

Have you done a BIOS reset?

The LED lights near the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys on your HP Stream x360  Notebook PC will blink if an error is detected during the startup process. The LEDs will blink a number of times in a sequence and then stop. The number of blinks in the sequence indicates what component caused an error when it was being tested during start up.

If the blinking is not consistent, with a pause between each sequence, please use the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document to see another chart. 

Here is a link to the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document. You will notice that it has charts that will tell you what the blink code on the Caps Lock means.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation