Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I tried, but i discovered that my restore point is disappeared (i don't know why)...

I'll wait for a better fix, i don't want to format (it takes 6/7 hours on this pc :LaughingTears: ) again...

Anyway, thank you very much 🙂

HP Recommended

Prego!

HP Recommended

Now, after hours, it gives me:

0x80240009 WU_E_OPERATIONINPROGRESS Another conflicting operation was in progress. Some operations such as installation cannot be performed twice simultaneously.

I'm trying to fix it with:

https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

I'll try also a microsoft tool, I'll let you know :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

> now App Readiness is turn on 'manual' ...

Experiment:  "start" that service, before running Windows Update.

HP Recommended

I tried all the configuration (automatic with delay, automatic, manual) and i tried also starting the service before using Windows update  😕

HP Recommended

Resolving the black screen issue caused by Windows 10 update

If you have previously disabled App Readiness

1. Boot the PC
  2. Click Start and type Services
  3. Open desktop app Services and find App Readiness
  4. Open the service and set Startup type to Manual
  5. Click Apply and close the window
  6. Download and install HP Image Enhancement for System Logon - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81965.exe
  7. Reboot PC

If you have not disabled App Readiness

1. Boot the PC
  2. Wait 15-20 minutes for the boot process to complete and desktop to load
  3. Once on desktop, Download and install HP Image Enhancement for System Logon - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81965.exe
  4. Reboot PC
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Yes, that worked for the black screen problem, but now WU does not work anymore.

I've tried a microsoft tool that fixed the registry, WU still does not work, i'm trying to install the update manually.

Now, the previous error (copying cache) it's not present, but the installation reached the 10% and then stopped (i'm waiting, maybe it just takes a long time).

EDIT

I've used the microsoft tool for WU, restarted the pc, activated the app in the service, wu does not work but it has been possible to install the update manually. Now, WU tells me that the pc is updated.

I don't know if i will have to do this every time :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

> WU still does not work, i'm trying to install the update manually.

Before running WU, be sure that the "App Readiness" service is "enabled" and also "started".

> the installation reached the 10% and then stopped (i'm waiting, maybe it just takes a long time).

Yes, I have observed the same thing, some months ago -- long before this "black screen" problem.

That "progress indicator" just does not update.  Have patience, coffee, and a few TimBits. :generic:

HP Recommended

I too was suffering from the exact same insane issue. Thankfully, the following post helped me get rid of this error completely. Now my system is working perfectly.

How to fix Windows Black Screen after Login

Hope it helps. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.