Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black screen and capslock white light blink 5 times slow and 3 times fast

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs658tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After power on , my lappy only showing black screen and caps lock blinks 5 times slow and 3 times fast (white light).  

Ok..problem start like....

In the middle of my work,1st it shows blue screen with sad emoji  and started restart.  After completing this process

Lappy screen shows yellow vertical lines.

Then I shut down and again open this time screen opens with black screen and error message (smart hard disk error, hard disk error 1 (301)). Again i shut down my lappy.

After that again open and now only black screen😕.

I also try to turn on lappy without battery with the help of charger. This time it started automatic repair . But again we i tried with battery or without battery  (with the help of charger ) screen shows nothing only black screen.

I have also tried some keys like windows +B, ctrl+alt+del ...but nothing happened. 

I am so much frustrated 😣😣. .please help!!

Thank you,

Richa Arya

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,421 3,404 156 203
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @RichaArya

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

I suggest performing an extensive hardware test to identify the issue and resolve the same, accordingly:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply.

I want to ask that in this situation how can i download  HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) to proceed tests.

Since my lappy is showing only black screen and capslock blink.

Please suggest me solution.

Thank you,

Richa Arya

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,421 3,404 156 203
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Note that specific patterns of long and short blinks along with long and short beeps (where applicable) identify errors during the startup process.
computers have two-part blink sequences with different color lights to indicate specific errors and you may click here and troubleshoot on your own, or check below:

Light and beep pattern -5.3The embedded controller times out waiting for the BIOS.

Remove all accessory devices from the notebook.

If the error code persists, Contact HP for possible repair or service options.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation