Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv6-6c41se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model :  HP Pavilion dv6-6c41se Entertainment Notebook PC

Operating system : windows 10 64 bit

graphic hardware : AMD Radeon HD 7400m Series

Processor : Intel (R) Core (Tm) i5-2450m

Hi, On Windows 7 it was fantastic and boot time was seconds. When it became available for me, I took the option to update to Windows 10.

Now when I start my laptop, the blue windows screen loads, the loading dots circle a couple of times, then I get a black screen for approx 90 seconds, then eventually the log in page loads and everything is as it should be. I have not been able to find this exact problem anywhere, the nearest seems to be having a black screen with a flashing cursor, but I dont get that, just a black backlit screen. I have tried a few "fixes" uninstalling CCC and drivers etc then installing and enabling/disabling in different configurations, but the problem persists. When the graphics drivers are disabled, the laptop boots in a few seconds to log in, but when loaded the display is like safe mode and unacceptable.

Any help would be appreciated as my laptop is normally on for long periods whilst working, or I shut it down and only need to be on for a few minutes at a time and the delay in boot is annoying.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @shabeer997

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand that since upgrading to Windows 10, your notebook does not load as fast as it previously did,  Would you try turning off the fast startup option and see if that improves the startup time. How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10. Here is a link to HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10). Please see the section on "Manage applications and system features to increase performance"  as it may also help. Please let me know the results. 

If a post helps you, inspires you, provides fresh insight, or teaches you something new, please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Should this resolve your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" to help other visitors and member alike to find what worked for you. 

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.