Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Tvj0610 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen, message "system BIOS firmware is being updated." Then "clearing pending image."

Pavilion notebook w/beatsaudio
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Black screen with message "system BIOS firmware is being updated." Then after several minutes "clearing pending image" and not to disconnect, "block 156/156 progress 100%." I left it for hours and it never changed. I have completed the hard reset by removing battery and draining, but did not change. It does not respond to any resets or reboots I've tried. Completely inoperable.
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14641 1021 1518
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen, message "system BIOS firmware is being updated." Then "clearing pending image."

@Tvj610

Hey there!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are unable to boot into your PC.

As you mentioned that the screen is stuck at system BIOS firmware is being updated.

This is a problem with system board you have to contact HP to get your laptop serviced.

Please contact HP phone support using this link: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

Let me know if this works.
Have a great day!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation