10-13-2011 01:49 PM
My HP Presario F700 was working this morning, but after an hour of inactivity it went down (power light off). Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit is installed.
Pressing the on switch produces either a very brief flash of the power light or, sometimes, it stays on for 2-3 seconds. There is never a cursor on screen.
I inserted the Recovery Disk. Sometimes it spins for about 5 seconds with a black screen, then the laptop turns off.
Is this a fixable problem without a hardware replacement? Is it worthwhile taking it to a repair shop?
I should also note that there was a Vista update installation earlier today. I have AVG antivirus software running.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)