Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an omen x i've had it about 18 months and havent had an issue with this laptop until today when microsoft edge told me there was a site certificate problem when trying to go on microsoft edge it ask if i want to proceed and i clicked no, at this time my laptop froze for several minutes so i hit the power button until it shut all the way down. I then powered it back on and my keyboard lights popped right on as well as the omen symbol with the circling dots on it as it usually does, then when the screen usually goes to start up it goes black, I've tried resetting the laptop and running bios and the screen to that pops up fine but it wont start up windows, unfortunately my warranty has run out and im not sure exactly what is going wrong with my laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

when trying to reset my laptop, it pops up recovery manager failed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

when trying to reset my laptop, it pops up recovery manager failed.

HP Recommended

@Angie68

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try a BIOS recovery: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.