Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11-r020nr

My computer stopped connecting to wifi.  I decided to do a system reset.  Now the screen is black at start up and the hp logo just flashes on and off the screen.  I tried the BIOS update and that did not work either.  What else can I do before sending it in for repair.  I just bought it last November.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Brandi79,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link  as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that  after resetting your notebook, on startup the screen is black and  the HP logo flashes on and off.  You updated the bios but, there was no change. 

Here is  link to:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Should you need to do a recovery here is a link to guide you:

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Should you do the full recovery and backed up your files during that process, here is a link to help with the restoration.

HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8.1) ( Although it states for Windows 8.1 the process should be the same).

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
None of that worked! Still a blank/black screen upon startup
HP Recommended

Hi @Brandi79,

Thank you for your reply.

What happened when you tried to do the recovery?

Did you create recovery media when you first set up your notebook? 

If you did not create recovery media, you could try doing a clean install of Windows 10, as it is a free download.

How to Clean Install Windows 10 (from tenforums.com).

If you are still having an issue, please contact HP Support for further assistance. 

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
It's impossible to install it. My computer does nothing when turned on other than show the hp logo and then a black screen.
HP Recommended

Hi @ @Brandi79,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hi, im having the exact same problem. I've done all the steps that you've provided here and it's still not working
HP Recommended
I am so aggravated. I have only used this computer for 6 months.
HP Recommended

I was stuck on the HP black screen and could not get past it until i found this solution.  it is fast, easy, and costs nothing.

unplug all cables.  remove battery and power cord.   then push power button down and hold for 15 seconds.(this gets rid of any residual power and resets to defaults).  Plug power cord back in (but leave the battery out for now) and hit power button.  Should reboot and then you can put the battery back in and move on.  hope this works for you. 

HP Recommended
Did you find a way to get this issue resolved cause if so can you please tell me?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.