Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
14-dq1088wm

Hello, I could just see a black screen and caps lock blinking 3 slow and 2 fast when I turned on my PC. I saw some conversations here and tried the ways but nothing worked.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SA720 

That blinking means a memory time out and that usually means failure of one or all of the memory models.

If there is an access panel, you can open that and swap in new, working, memory sticks to see if that fixes it.

But if that does not fix it, or if there is no access panel, then you are looking at paying dearly to have someone at a service facility open the laptop to remove and check the memory sticks.  It could also be a failing memory controller on the mainboard and since those can not be replaced, that would require a new mainboard, the total of which can easily cost more than just replacing the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, the problem was suddenly fixed and now I can use my PC even though I did not do anything.

But thank you for your support, I really appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.