Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15cd00la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello if anyone could help me I'll really appreciate it.

I rebooted my laptop after having issues with the latest windows update, and while I was installing the drivers from HP's site the BIOS update there caused the issue after a couple of hours of working fine, now when I power up my laptop I get a black screen instantly after the login screen appears.

The first time it happened I was listening to music on YouTube and while the screen went dark I could still listen to it for a while before I shut it down.

I decided to reboot it again but the issue still persist after a clean reboot.

Pc is a pavilion cd002la

CPU: amd a10

GPU: amd Radeon 530

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Red551

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests

If all the Tests pass perform a System Recovery. Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Sorry for the late reply.

The system diagnosis only had a memory test and a hard drive check, both passed without issues.

I have tried a system recovery before but nothing changed, I tried a clean reboot again and could install the BIOS update without problem, but the same issue persists after installing the AMD graphic drivers and the laptop only becomes usable again after removing them and disabling windows update

HP Recommended

@Red551

Thanks for keeping me posted

Since the issue persists even after the System Recovery, I suggest you contact HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your Notebook and check it out

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.