10-14-2019 01:14 PM
I really need help gettingt my new laptop back in working order, I’m going to explain the details as best as possible. I have a black screen i already Tried the common fix tips but didn’t work. I turned it on the next day and screen goes on and I thought I fixed it but no I didn’t it started updating and when it was done it went back to black screens please can you give me some tips or help
10-16-2019 04:16 PM
I suggest you try a System Restore and check if that helps
- Shut down the computer completely.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
- If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
- On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.
- On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
- Click Windows 7 as the target operating system.
- The System Restore window opens. Click Next.
- Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.
- The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
-Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
- Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
- System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.
If the issue persists please perform a Reset. You can follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04742289
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee