Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15–1211wm

Black screen, computer won’t turn on but orange led light blinks, it makes kind of a scratchy noise instead of a beep 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@BrittneyGermain Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That didn’t work. I got a new motherboard and I made sure the ram was in place and tried a BIOS reset. F12 key blinks orange and it sounds like the hard drive is trying to turn on but fails. 

HP Recommended

@BrittneyGermain Where did you get the new motherboard from? Is it HP or local? That said, could you share the results of the hardware test I had requested? if not done, here's what you may want to do:

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

image.jpg

image.jpg

 Computer screen looks like as it was never turned on. The screen does nothing when I turn it on/off or press esc. I can’t do anything with it and it doesn’t work when plugged into a different monitor 

HP Recommended

image.jpg

image.jpg

 Computer screen looks like as it was never turned on. The screen does nothing when I turn it on/off or press esc. I can’t do anything with it and it doesn’t work when plugged into a different monitor @Riddle_Decipher

HP Recommended

@BrittneyGermain You haven't mentioned where you got the motherboard replaced from? I suggest you contact the same tech and have them replace it again, and have them look at the DC power connector as well, considering the device is no longer powering on, if the motherboard was replaced via HP, here's what I suggest you do:

If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

Or, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.