Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laptop 15da0053wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my HP Laptop 15 for almost 2 years, but rarely use it. since my desktop is giving me angst lately, I've been more dependent in it...until a couple days ago. At start-up. I got the "HP" logo for a few seconds, then, instead of the normal start-up routine, it went to a blank screen, though the power-on light remains illuminated. Repeated attempts produce the same results. 

I'm not very computer-savvy, but would appreciate any hints or suggestion on how to get this laptop back in operation. - Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Are all of your windows updates installed? There are things that can cause the boot sequence to hang on the windows logo.

As you have not used it for a long while, some drivers that may not officially supported by W10.

Firstly you can just try troubleshotting the boot up issues:

Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

Troubleshoot Windows 10 Black Screen on Your PC

If your computer boots properly after the troubleshooting, you can just try to turn off "Fast Boot".

http://lifehacker.com/enable-this-setting-to-make-windows-10-boot-up-faster-1743697169

I hope my answer comes in handy for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.