cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Blank screen on opening post sleep AND fingerprint recognition not working well

HP Recommended
HP Envy 360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! 

I come to you today with 2 issues please!

Firstly, more and more frequently, when I go to 'restart' my computer in the morning, after I have put it into sleep mode overnight (by shutting the lid), I open the lid and nothing is on the screen. The laptop is clearly on based on the power light, but the screen is completely blank. So far it has been resolved by repeatedly attempting to turn it on and off, but this can take over an hour for it to respond to that, which is extremely frustrating. It also means that everything I have left open has closed without warning due to the forced shut down. I am concerned that this is getting more frequent and that repeat forced reboots via holding the power button (often several times, sometimes have to put the power out and wait for it to turn off with that), is not healthy going forwards. 

Secondly, the fingerprint recognition is AWFUL. I have had the computer for approx 6-7 months, and it has never been good. I had hoped it would get more reliable, but it hasn't. I log in (via the pin), set the fingerprint, and it might work for a few days, and then it continues to say 'finger not recognised'. The fingerprint recognition on other devices has no issues recognising the same finger. Not the end of the world, but its just a pain to have something not working on such a new and hardly inexpensive product.

I have looked at the help sheets, and they are fine for single episodes, but the repeat episodes are driving me mad! Please can someone help! I have some basic tech know how, but far from a techspert, so please bear with me!

Thank you so much in advance

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation