2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Blank screen, one blink just on power-on then nothing

HP Recommended
PAVILION G6-1303SK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion g6-1303sk, it was working okay for a while, i left it inactive for about a week then suddenly it won't boot (and sometimes the CAPS LOCK blinks once just on power-on, and never blinks again), it only works by chance and there is no clear conditions for it to boot or not, i just try to power off and on and it just works under no special circumstances, to make it clear for you imma tell you the steps i did in the troubleshooting:
1- Power Button reset:
*i removed the battery, ac power adapter and held the power button for 15-30-60-120 seconds, but it seems not to be the solution as it sometimes work and the other times doesn't, so it's something else.
2- Applying heat to the MB
* i removed all the power components, then applied heat to the MB, same thing.. It only works by chance
3- Removing thermal paste
I heard that thermal paste might cause some problems if it's "expired" so i cleaned the CPU using some 90% alcohol, but still on the same thing.. It works only by chance again and again and again
4- BIOS recovery
* Held WIN+B and powered on, the same single blink appears and disappears quickly, i wait for a while then appears a 2-blinks code on the caps lock, and i started thinking that it's basically a BIOS error, as there is no other components damaged
And i don't think that CPU could be broken as pc sometimes boots(correct if i'm wrong), so is there any solutions for this? I mean something like hoe toknow if the BIOS is theone responsible for this? And how to correct it
Thank y'all
1 REPLY 1
Oldb2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry everyone who've took the time to view this topic and search a solution, i was suddenly sitting and came the idea of pushing the ram with my hand and holding it like that until i power on then it worked great.. I've already tried changing the ram slot but i think it needed a little push inside the slot, hope this helps others
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation