Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've got an HP 15-af112na laptop. When I press the power button I just get a blank screen. I can get into bios but don't get the windows login screen. I've tried a hard reset and I've tried connecting via HDMI to my TV still no good and I've tried used my recovery USB but won't boot from that either.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Gary1500, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Gary1500

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry no I haven't resolved my problem yet. When I switch the laptop on the power light comes on and after a few seconds it will tell me to press esc key, which enables me to perform memory and HDD tests, which pass ok, and also get into bios but then the screen goes blank, power light stays on and I can hear the fan. I've also tried booting from USB as I have a back up of the system on a pen drive but that won't work either. I've also tried a bootable version of Ubuntu (linux OS).

HP Recommended

@Gary1500

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your PC.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.