Asaadbobby Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blinking caps lock button, laptop won't start.

Pavilion DV6-3210us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion DV6-3210us won't start. The screen stays blank/black, the wifi button is "off" and red and my "caps lock" button keeps blinking on and off. What do I do?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blinking caps lock button, laptop won't start.

Hi there @Asaadbobby. 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! Based on your description, I understand that you are experiencing the Caps Lock LED blinking. This is a great question others may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others.

The LED lights near the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys on your HP Pavilion dv6-3210us Entertainment Notebook PC will blink if an error is detected during the startup process. The LEDs will blink a number of times in a sequence and then stop. The number of blinks in the sequence indicates what component caused an error when it was being tested during start up.

Here is a link to the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document. You will notice that it has charts that will tell you what the blink code on the Caps Lock means. 

blink code.PNG

If the blinking is not consistent, with a pause between each sequence, please use the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document to see another chart. 

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation