Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15t-au000 CTO (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop randomly crashes to blue screen and I'm not sure what's causing it! Sometimes it happens when I'm on google, sometimes it happens when I'm on a game or even just on spotify. And it doesn't always happen either, sometimes the laptop runs fine for hours and sometimes it crashes after minutes! Please help.  I already disabeled the auto-reboot option, i also upload some of the screen codes ive been collecting.IMG_20160922_030949685.jpgIMG_20160922_234131688.jpgIMG_20160923_010119954.jpgIMG_20160923_014724383.jpgIMG_20171126_204519877.jpgIMG_20180512_212452727.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@fgentile

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that the Notebook keeps crashing with a Blue screen.

I'll try my best to help,

May I know since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Funtionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests

If all the Test pass, we can try a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started

- Shut down the computer completely.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
- If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
- On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.
- On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
- Click Windows 10 as the target operating system.
- The System Restore window opens. Click Next.
- Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click Next.
- The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
-Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
- Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.
- System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

If the Notebook is booting up you can also try a System Restore from within Windows.

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Thanks for replying, i already done the system check, and the whole test was approved. 

I have this problem since the very first times i used the computer, at the begining it was worse, but within the 2 years of guarantee i had some virtual service attention and updating the Bios the problem seem to be solved. But then randomly continued rebooting itself with different errors displayed each time. Now im no longer it the guarantee period so i cant ask for more virtual services. And though the problem was 'always' in the computer i cant choose a date to restore the system.

I upload some new errors displayed this week, thanks very much for the time.

IMG_20180609_193906023-min.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-06-09 at 20.09.34 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-06-09 at 20.09.34.jpeg

HP Recommended

@fgentile

Thanks for keeping me posted. At this point I suggest you try to back up your Notebook and attempt a System Recovery

- Turn off the computer.Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
- Under Help, click System Recovery.
- When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
- The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
- Click Next to continue.
- When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
- Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
- After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
- Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Keep me posted.

Thanks.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.