Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
@CheryIG it is not in warranty I bought it from eBay.I tried to contact seller but he is not responding
HP Recommended

@pvermacs

This is the second laptop I've seen today with hardware failure sold on Ebay and no response from seller. Ebay has a process to file a complaint if the laptop was advertised with any type of guarantee. If not and it was simply sold "as is" I'm not sure you have much recourse. If you paid with Paypal they also have a dispute process. Some credit cards offer some protection.

If you are left with trying to diagnose and repair on your own I would probably start with testing the memory. Memtest is one tool you can install on a usb flash drive to boot from and test .Hopefully it will run without the laptop freezing up as it did using F2 Diagnostcs.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memtest86-test-ram.html

When you have prepared the flash drive insert it into usb 2.0 port-usually right side port-and shut down the Envy. After a brief wait, power on and immediately start tapping Esc key.Tap F9 for boot options and it should show the usb. use your arrow key to move to and select/highlight usb then tap Enter key.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.