02-07-2012 12:15 PM
I recently bought the dv6-6117dx that came with Windows 7 and 4 GB of RAM. After receiving the laptop, I ordered 8 GB of memory from Newegg that was the same speed and specs listed in the users manual. I bought the G.Skill DDR3 PC3 10600 (2x4GB). After installing, I started receiving a bunch of blue screens which listed video memory errors. I ran the HP tool to test the memory and got a failure ID that I listed below. I also provided a link below of the exact memory I purchased. Based on the failure ID, can you tell me what the exact issue is with the memory? I have since put back in the original memory stick and have not seen any of the blue screens. Thanks.
Failure ID: PGE3QM-5RD60V-MFH14K-402N03
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)