12-17-2012 09:00 AM
I am writing this since I have quite some troubles installing Win Xp on my recently bought Hp Pavilion dm1 notebook. It seems like what I'm missing is the correct SATA drivers so I don't get a bluescreen anymore while loading the installation files for Win Xp from my USB drive.
I've already tried out all the options from here for AMD chipsets: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/SATA-drivers-for-... but none of them seems to work for me.
I tried out both 32bit_ATI_SB7xx_RAID&AHCI_driver_v9-4_WHQL and sp43839 SATA drivers from the guide.
These are my Chipset details:
Chipset: AMD A40/A50 Series FCH
Southbridge: AMD A55/A60M
Notebook product numer: COU31EA#ABE
SATA Hardware Ids:
I really hope someone can help me!
12-17-2012 10:16 AM
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)