Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

[edit]

I have a problem my computer is doing  a ticking noise when it starts and then stops, I have a screen and says boot device not found hard disk 3f0. I already did the hard reset nothing. Bios legacy mode nothing. Did the hard drive check says smart check not available. 

I did a bootable usb and it goes to the menu to instal but I can’t repair it and if o click to install the windows and leave my files it won’t let me because I’m installing windows from the usb I think it’s only possible to reset everything but I don’t want to loose my files. Please help. Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tactad4

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Since the Diagnostic does not detect the Smart Check and the Hard drive is still making the ticking sound, I suggest you contact HP Support for Hard drive replacement

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.