Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the other day i was planning on having some fun with me and my friends on my laptop but right when were about to start playing a game it crashed and said it had to fix itself, so i left it to cool down for the day came back and now its telling me to install an operating system on my hard disk and i cant find how to do that, HPs website is to vague and ive looked on here and H3O just doenst show up, does anyone know what to do about this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Asark25

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics even if the computer does not open to Windows. Start with the Quick Test (2 to 3 minutes). If the Quick Test does not find a problem, run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more). The Extensive Test includes a Loop Until Error option.

NOTE: If the test cannot run and the Hard Disk Does Not Exist message displays, contact HP Customer Support for assistance.
  1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

5. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive, and then click Quick Test.

6. Click Run once.

Running the Hard Drive Quick Test

7. The Hard Drive Quick Test begins. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When the test is complete, the screen displays the results.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.