Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hello,

I bought a laptop with FreeDos and tried to install Ubuntu as an additional system. Ubuntu installed, but after installing on restart I get the message: Boot Device Not Found. I set Legacy Support from Enabled to Disabled in the BIOS, installed Ubuntu with the changed options, but the result is still the same. Additionally, in the BIOS, the options Secure Boot, Platform Key and Pending Action are greyed out. Bios Insyde F.33. 
Please help. Greetings Irek
Irek
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well. It's my fault. When I install Ubuntu with legacy support enabled, I am still installing in uefi mode. I need to start the installation with the boot menu and USB boot selection, but not UEFI mode. After such installation, everything is fine and the laptop boots from ubuntu.

Sorry

Irek

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you installed Ubuntu did you clean the disk. Remove Freedos?

What procedure did you use to install Ubuntu?

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

No, I didn't remove FreeDos, I installed Ubuntu as an add-on system. I don't really understand what you mean by the procedure. I ran the installation from USB, without deleting anything, gave the Ubuntu installation as an additional system. I installed Ubuntu with different Legacy Support settings in bios.

Irek
HP Recommended

Well. It's my fault. When I install Ubuntu with legacy support enabled, I am still installing in uefi mode. I need to start the installation with the boot menu and USB boot selection, but not UEFI mode. After such installation, everything is fine and the laptop boots from ubuntu.

Sorry

Irek
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.