Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello Asmita,

I have another video link which shows a little more detail on the unexplained shutdown occurrence on the HP OMEN. The link is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MgwsJ0jPZT3hdOb4tNLAunbpJQyqR7Z/view?usp=sharing 

I have not seen this type of shutdown occur on any other screen and it is (apparently) only occurring after hitting the 'Restart' button on the 'Startup Settings' page, which leads to the second 'Startup Settings' page. The new video shows that the shutdown also occurs while sitting on the 'Launch Recovery Environment' page when accessed from the second 'Startup Settings' page after about 66 seconds.  The 'return to your operating system' option from the second 'Startup Settings' page does do that. Windows 10 Pro is up to date. I got an HP Support Assistant update yesterday (12/17/19) and I believe my HP updates (including my software and drivers - BIOS included) are currently up to date.  

Some HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) tests having been run and passed,Some HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) tests having been run and passed, 

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) tests shown above are only a portion of the tests which have passed. I have tried running the unexplained shutdown check under different Windows 10 Pro setups (startup programs on/off, background services on/off, etc.). I have my lock screen turned off and have made many other system changes in an attempt to 'minimize overhead'. I have installed only 4 major programs and two of them were purchased through HP. The third is Condusiv Diskeeper Professional. The fourth (Norton Security) was installed just after purchasing the system and that was preceded by removing the preinstalled McAfee. I perform regular and extensive maintenance on this HP OMEN system. I have received what I consider to be very questionable HP tech support (though my system is well within warranty) and am trying to make a sincere effort through the HP Community towards resolving this potential issue. Please inform me if there are any ways in which I can bring more attention towards getting this issue resolved.

Thanks again for your continuing attention to this matter,

Best Regards, CAW3 

HP Recommended

Hi @CAW3

Thanks for the video.

I'd suggest you back-up the data and try re-installing the operating system using the HP Cloud Recovery - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool

Let me know how that goes. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.