2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot loop and recovery doesn't work

Hp envy sleekbook 4 (C1X32EA#ABF)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello all,

Since a power off due to battery low, my laptop doesn't boot. It turn on, then HP logo, then "trying to repair" and power off. It try again and that makes loop. Sometimes I've got a blue screen with a window error message during 2sec. I've tried the diagnostic tool with esc+F2 ans everything is alright. I've tries a hard reboot and F11 does not work anymore.

If i can always keep my data I will be very happy. 

Many thanks by advance. 

Have a good day. 

Vincent 

Ho

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,520 8,369 316 385
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vincent28
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists.
This sounds like an operating system related issue. Firstly, let's try the system restore: System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected. Click here to perform Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Vincent28 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

thanks for your help. When i try to do the F11 depannage, nothing appears and the loop continue. I have got now an error that is :

System Thread Exception Not Handled with file iastora. Sys

I really don't know what to do and I'm not very good at computing. Many thanks for your help. 

Regards. Vincent 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,520 8,369 316 385
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vincent28

I did go through the error "System Thread Exception Not Handled with file iastora. Sys" this indicates there is a system operating files corrupted or damaged.

Reinstalling windows operating system will fix the issue. Click here HP perform a system recovery. ( refer to step Resetting your computer when Windows does not open to the Start screen )

Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation