Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
marble888 Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot stuck at HP logo resulting in wifi adapter 'disappearing'

HP Pavilion 15 J2C88PA#AB4
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I recently had an issue with my wifi adapter that was solved earlier here but the problem resurfaced again when I booted up the computer and it was stuck at the loading screen with the HP logo. I held down the power button to turn it off and after turning it on my wifi adapter had 'disappeared' again. I believe that the boot up had something to do with this. 

I  read that other users have had the same problem and I'm running system tests on the computer now, so far it passed quick tests but I'm running an extensive test on the hard drive now. Some help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES
marble888 Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update : Extensive memory and hard disk tests shows nothing wrong.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@marble888

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

I understand you have trouble using the wifi after the notebook, temporarily freezes on HP logo.

I needed to let you know that the wifi doesn't interfere with the bootup process and hence we have two completely different issues to address, here are a few steps I recommend:

• perform a Hard Reset

• disable wifi on bios by restarting the computer and tapping on F10 to access BIOS > System Configuration > Built-In Device Options > change the LAN/WLAN Switching setting from On to Off (if you are sure, the issues are related though it's highly unlikely).

• System Restore (to a previous known date & time, the computer had been working fine).

• System recoverySystem recovery to reinstall windows back to factory defaults as the last step.

Keep me posted, for further assistance!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
marble888 Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, my father had tried to install some updates under 'recovery' in the HP Recovery Manager while I was away. I performed a hard reset and now the boot up is still stuck at the HP logo. Occasionally, it reverts to a screen that says Windows did not load correctly and asks me to restart the computer. I also could not find the WLAN switching option at the BIOS menu.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@marble888

Thank you for the update,

Since we aren't getting to the desktop screen, I would recommend we work on getting the computer up before we can work on the wireless issue.

If the issue occurred after or during a bios update, please follow this article for a Bios recovery

If the above doesn't resolve the issue, please follow all the steps(except the hardware test, since you've completed that task) mentioned on this Link

Keep me posted!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
marble888 Tutor
Tutor
13 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the replies, I formatted my computer a few days ago and it can boot now. I am still grappling with issues with the wifi adapter however, I'll post this in the network section. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@marble888

Thank you for replying!

I'm glad your computer is now accessing windows and to help you out with the Wifi issue, please follow the below steps:

Step 1: Use automatic troubleshooting

Step 2: Reinstall the wireless network adapter driver

Step 3: Update wireless network drivers

Step 4: Check and reset hardware

Step 5: Perform a Microsoft System Restore

Step 6: Other things to try

For guided troubleshooting please Click here 

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation