Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-AC173TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I had applied the downloaded updates and upon re-starting the laptop, i am stuck with an error on a blue screen. I am not able to boot from hard disk or try to boot from the USB Recovery Drive.

Upon performing Extensive Hard Disk scan, i got the following error GUX5WX-7RV9JA-XD7WMF-618V03.

Is there any solution? Pl. Advice.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Hard Disk 1 Full Test Failure   is what that means.

My advice is to try and make a bootable USB stick with an OS on and use that to try and rescue your data.

W7 and W10 Repair.png

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, i alraedy have a recovery disk made.

But i am not able to boot using my recovery disk.

There is some error which keeps coming back to the blue screen when i try to boot either using hard disk or usb drive.

AnDy

HP Recommended

Hi

Booting from a USB is quite often ESC and then F9, select the device.

So if you cannot boot then there would seem to be either a BIOS or Main Board problem.

Can you test/check the Recovery Disk in another PC?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.