cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
JB6111
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Bought a new HP laptop, turned it on for the first time last night, and it has been "updating" since

HP Recommended
Chromebook x360 14a

I turned the chromebook on for the first time last night, and it has been updating ever since. 

The screen shows "Updating" and "Your chromebook will restart after this update"

There is a running line playing across the screen, showing it is updating.

It has been doing this for the past 22 hours

3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,714 25,649 1,199 1,244
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JB6111

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Press the power button  and refresh button  for five seconds. The computer turns off, and then turns on again.

2. If necessary, press power button again to turn on the laptop.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Stevensteve55
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will this same solution work for getting locked out because of too many code attempts? 

Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,714 25,649 1,199 1,244
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Stevensteve55

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help. The above solution is for HP Chromebook only. If you have HP Chromebook then you can try the above steps. 
For more details regarding this issue, I need a few more details: 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation