Jonboat
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand New HP Envy x360 notebook turns on but won't accept my pin

Envy x360 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I turned on my brand new HP Envy x360 Notebook last night. It asked me for a Microsoft id, password and pin. I did all that and entered it into my Envy. I then turned off the WIFI and turned off the notebook and went to bed. Today I turned on the notebook and the screen lit up nicely. The screen asked me to type in my Microsoft pin. I did and a mesage came up that says "Your device is offline. Sign in with the last password used on this device." I hit okay. Then the screen asks me for the pin again. It won't accept a password. It wants a numerical pin. It won't accept my pin or open the computer. What do I do?

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
78,722 78,621 9,685 20,946
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand New HP Envy x360 notebook turns on but won't accept my pin

Hi,

My suggestion: use a different computer to reset Microsoft password to logon to new computer online and leave it for a while before turn it off.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant

Note: Normally new computers can take up to 2 hours to update.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation