Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new Pavillion runs extremely slow

17-g133cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a new Pavillion laptop from Costco and it runs incredibly slow.  Bootup takes about 10 minutes.  Restarting sometimes doesn't happen at all -- it just stays in the restart loop or can take 15 minutes.  Paid a lot of money for this computer, and am disappointed it is not working.  Will try to exchange it for another brand unless there is a way that I can fix this.  It seems to be defective.

Anyone else have these problems?  It has a lot of new hardware so I cannot imagine there should be anything wreong with it unless defecive.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
14428 1348 3198
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new Pavillion runs extremely slow

pjw80

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your new Pavilion laptop running very slowly and wanted to help.

Since this is a relatively new machine, instead of struggling for hours to fix it yourself, why not just let HP fix it -- for free!!  

You should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!
Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation