Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15-Bs013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screen is blank after Bios update from hp support center. Hear clicking noises as if the notebook keeps powering off and on. Tried support video instructions to hold power key and B Key to reset to working bios version and it did not work.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Interesting. Why no reply from any of the HP folks? Right after Warranty expires and I download Bios update from Hp support Center my computer goes blank. Now sadly I have to rely on community boards. 

HP Recommended

@Kalin777

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The warranty being expired doesn't have anything to do with the issue on the PC,  We are here to help.

Recovering the BIOS may resolve this issue. Let us try Step 1 mentioned in this document again.

If you are unable to recover the BIOS, proceed to the next step.

You would have an option to download the latest bios on a flash/pen drive using a working PC and then use the drive to recover the bios on his PC, the instructions are in the same document under Step 2.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Step 2 did not work. I got till it writes and verifies bios update and click continue start up. After that the computer restarts but the screen is still blank.

HP Recommended

@Kalin777

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the previous posts and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So very disappointed with HP. Never will buy another computer with them again. My warranty expired 2 months ago and a BIOS update comes thru and computer does not power back up. HP support community does not help(looks like it for folks who do not know how to connect to WIFI). They refer me to phone support as my warranty expired, phone support says $49.99 to $400 cost, take it to your local computer store. I ask where and they say let me transfer you to customer support, what I thought this was customer support. So took it to my local shop and it was the power strip inside the notebook that was burnt out and cost me money. Looks like they make computers just to last the warranty period and after that the customer is on their own.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.