Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15s-du0013tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my storage from HD to SSD NVMe. I have everything installed: Disk Management detected the new SSD drive, same with Device Manager and BIOS/UEFI. However, it is not showing in File Explorer. That is one issue I noticed.

The main issue is, under BIOS/UEFI I cannot change the boot sequence from HD to SSD. When I go to Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order > OS Boot Manager - it shows the 2 drives: HD and SSD but I cannot select any of them.

Laptop details;

Model: HP 15s-du0013tx

HD: 1TB

SSD: 250GB Barracuda 510 M.2 PCIe NVMe 

Hoping somebody can help me with this.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jamimo 

You have two different issues.

The drive won't show in File Explorer until after you format it and assign a drive letter.  File Explorer is a Windows utility and does not see blank drives.

The PC also will not boot from that drive, nor allow you to select it, until after it has been formatted with a boot partition and the boot records written to that partition.

You can do both the formatting and drive letter assignment in Disk Management.  So, are you saying you did both of these and File Explorer still is not showing the drive or filesystem on it?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.