Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8U8AV)

Had this issue for more than 3 months and yet haven't found a solution. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT when doing tasks ranging from gaming to using basic messengers. 
Supposedly this is a driver issue ( stress tests were completed flawlessly ), drivers "seem" to be updated, though they probably aren't ( coming from the other posts who had the same issue ). This is also not due to overheating.
Other things that have been done or tested:
-Undervolting 
-Changed RAM

-Updated Windows 11 to 22H2

What drivers can cause this issue and where can I update them?

Intel drivers are in order, so are NVIDIA drivers ( checked with intel driver assistant and Geforce experience )
Also worth noting that I have the most crashes in CPU heavy games (Rust)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Hailew,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are getting a BSOD error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on your Victus By HP 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-D0000. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Clock Watchdog Timeout Overclock – This error usually occurs after you overclock your hardware. If your hardware is overclocked, remove the overclock settings and check if that solves the issue

If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no overclocking enabled. Pc crashes when it goes above its core clock speed (2.3 Ghz ). I also get CMOS 502 checksum invalid errors when i turn on my laptop after a crash. 

HP Recommended

@Hailew,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.