Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 15-ba018wm notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello my laptop is giving me numerous invalid errors upon boot. I have researched the problem, Also have the DMI utility to tattoo the information back to motherboard. Only hangup is I cannot find the PCID. I checked the back of laptop, under the battery and on the MOBO. I found a sticker on MOBO that says "Build Number" but am unsure if this is the same as the product identification number. There is no sticker with "PCID" on it, I have searched and completely disassembled the laptop numerous times. Am grateful for any help, thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Daryl1985

Run an Extencieve test on the computer from the UEFI menu.

1. Turn on the computer.

2. Immediately press the f2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI menu opens.

When the UEFI menu opens, select the diagnostic test you want to run, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 for Testing for Hardware Failures.

Keep me posted, on the test results.

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.