09-10-2013 01:18 PM
laptop will not boot up comes up with the following
the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessable.
I can't get it to run as when password is entered it says to insert start up discs and start boot up procedure
so where can i get the set up discs from for this laptop
09-10-2013 01:23 PM
The steps mentioned in the following weblink will help resolving the problem:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
09-10-2013 01:25 PM
Looking at your Model No. I'm guessing you're in the UK - if that's correct, you can order a set of Recovery Discs using the following link.
However, it may be a good idea to run a test on the Hard Drive as detailed below.
Shut down the notebook. Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive. Post back if you get any error messages.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)