Hi, recently my HP Omen started to running into some issues:
1. Brightness Function not working
2. Error pops up every time Windows key is pressed
3. The laptop suddenly becomes very hot and the fan goes to maximum
So I decided to perform recovery steps:
• Reset Windows - Didn't work;
• Backed up all my files into an external;
• Executed HP Recovery Manager to restore to Factory Settings;
• Got "Restoration Incomplete" error and CTOERROR. On cmd was written "The system cannot find the drive specified"
Should I install Windows from a USB instead?
Yes, I would give that a try.
You have two options...the HP cloud recovery client utility....
Here is a link for how to use the utility:
The second is to try reinstalling W10 by making installation media using the media creation tool at the link below.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community