Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15-p084no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't seem to find the bios update for system id 2269.
I have a HP Pavilion 15-p084no and on the product page I can download bios update for F.46 Rev.A but it is not for my system id(board id) only for 2266.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Daniel81,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started. 

According to the software and driver download page it shows that the latest Bios update available on your notebook is F.46 Rev.A

I would suggest here is to update the Bios, directly from our HP support website, using this link.

I've looked around and found this direct download file to update the BIOS:  (Click this to download and install)

If this does not help, then I would suggest here is to download and install the Bios using HP Support Assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

First thank you for replying to my question for help. 

Second this is not correct. 

It is the product page for my notebook model but the bios update file doesn't contain the bios for "system id/board id" 2269. It contains the bios for 22C3, 2260 and 2266. The executive file within the sp87476.exe is even named 2266.exe.

What I am ultimately after is to replace my current harddrive with an ssd. I am hoping that would resolve the problem with it not posting. It is just a black screen with the caps lock led lit. But so far the bios does not recognize it or post when the ssd is connected. Hopefully a biosupdate would make it work. 

HP Recommended

@Daniel81,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.