Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8570w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought new Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD.  I can't see this drive in BIOS or Disk mgmt utility. Please let me know what BIOS setup do i need to have.

Also, I am unable to find latest BIOS at HP Driver link. How to get latest HP BIOS for my laptop and what option do i need to set to recognize new SSD drive that connected via USB.

I need to clone my HDD to SSD and replace my hard Drive.

Regards,

Aggie123

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The latest BIOS updates can be found on the W8.1 driver section.   F.71

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8570w-mobile-workstation/5257502

Since the BIOS updates were designed to run on W8.1, I don't know what will happen if you try to update the BIOS in W10.

I'm thinking that the notebook should have recognized the SSD immediately without any BIOS updates.

I have installed SSD's in HP business notebooks much older than yours and never had an issue, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

I also clean installed W10 on every PC that I have even owned when installing a SSD.

I've never tried cloning the drives before.  It is not something that I would ever consider doing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.