Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 n012tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So after upgrading to Windows 10 I did a clean install of Windows 10 and I noticed that when I tried to access the Hp Hardware Diagnostic (UEFI) tool, I was instead getting the Basic HP System Diagnostics which only provided  Memory Test and Hard Disk Check.

So I checked some forums and learned that I may need to manually install it, so I downloaded the HP Hardware Diagnostic (UEFI) file and tried installing it but I got an error message saying "A later version of 'HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI' is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue."

Please help me fix this.Screenshot (328).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi and welcome to HP Support Forums. First of all go to control panel then programs and features and check whether the utility is installed or not, if it is, uninstall it and install one from here:--ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76285.exe

If you have any problem then reply me.

Happy to help

@AmreenSanhotra

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi and welcome to HP Support Forums. First of all go to control panel then programs and features and check whether the utility is installed or not, if it is, uninstall it and install one from here:--ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76285.exe

If you have any problem then reply me.

Happy to help

@AmreenSanhotra

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.