Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I went to update my graphic driver to the next version as soon as it it installed I went to reload my computer and nothing was happening so I force turned it off and reset the whole enitre computer thinking I installed the wrong driver.

After the computer finished resseting I went to start it and it went to the blue screen error crash saying something about driver loaded before cancelling pending operations and when I restarted the computer it continued to show this message. so ever scince then I've been trying solutions off YouTube and off my brain such as safe mode and much more but when I try load it into safe mode nothing happens it still crashed.

So today I took it apart and I cleaned all the dust out the fans and everything switch the ram sticks arround and all sorts.

Now when I went to boot it it didn't crash but it went to the loading loop where it says (preparing,restarting) and I'm just stuck at this right now.

Any help please ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Callum_white 

I can certainly understand the desire to do factory resets -- given the prevalent view that such an action, though extreme, will fix a variety of mysterious problems and return a troublesome PC to working condition.

Problem is -- that very often is NOT the case and if there is any hardware issue at all, which is nearly always the cause with a SLOW PC (which is why most folks do the factory resets), you end up trashing your PC and rendering it useless. So, you trade a SLOW PC for a non-working PC. Not a good trade -- and certainly not what you intended.

So if your PC was running real SLOW, or apps are not launching, then let's check for the drive failing, if your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

If the test will not run or if it fails, that indicates that your drive has failed and would need to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.