cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
KHALED90
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can’t turn on hp pro book 4540s

HP Recommended
Pro book 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had some issues with my house electric and I plugged the laptop charger to charge then the laptop not turning on at all but I found out my electric plug has electric to the ground wire then I tried to use a good electric plug but when I plugged it to electric and turned it on.  fan, dvd,  wireless  and hard disk light are on only 

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,839
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KHALED90 

Your laptop uses a charger, right?  And the charger plugs into the wall, not the laptop.  So, worst case is that the charger burns out -- but since it provide DC current to the laptop, that would not damage the laptop in any way.

Thus, I have no idea why the laptop now does not work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
KHALED90
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hopefully this issue from the Charger only. Will be getting a new charger today and will update the result here 

thanks for ur fast respond 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation