cancel
RobloxGamer1 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot Restore Computer from Boot (System Restore not working from Boot)

HP 15-f004dx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

In addition to my original post, "Boot Device Not Found (Cannot Boot into Windows)", I would like to know a way to restore the computer from boot, since I have many backups in my Recovery drive. When I search it on YouTube and try it, I keep pressing the F11 button during boot, and it'll say in the bottom-left hand corner, "F11 System Restore", and not actually take me to System Restore. In the YouTube videos, it does. I would like to know how to fix this and what may have caused it. The computer will not boot after I turned it off via the power button since it froze. I am pretty sure the Recovery option or drive hadn't become corrupt since I did nothing for that to happen. Also, the computer took no major physical damage at all. Please respond quickly. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
12989 12925 1691 4379
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I assume this thread in continuation to this:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Boot-Device-Not-Found-Cannot-Boot-into-Window...

So have you replaced your failed hard drive?

You cannot do HP recovery by tapping F11 key from failed drive. It's been corrupted - in plain words hard drive has failed to function normally anymore.

If you need to salvage personal data from failed drive, try to boot from LiveCD and copy the files you need:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
RobloxGamer1 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help :smileyhappy:. I am currently trying to replace the hard drive.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12989 12925 1691 4379
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Do let me know how it goes.

Order HP Recovery USB for your model from HP to factory reset after replacement.

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation