06-21-2012 04:03 PM
06-22-2012 01:56 AM
I pulled the primary drive out of the laptop, put it into an external USB dock and reformatted it using a 2nd computer. After reinstalling it into the Envy and rebooting I am greeted now with a "Not a bootable disk - insert disk and press any key" message instead.
Whether I choose to boot from the Internal HDD or the CD/DVD drive, the message is the same. I've gone through 5-6 known bootable CD and DVDs and none of them are registering as bootable from startup. I suspect that something is happening to keep the DVD-Rom from being accessed properly. It appears in the BIOS settings and as a boot option in the menu for boot order, but no disc registers any kind of bootable scenario.
07-19-2014 10:56 PM
I have the same problem after HP repair center tried to repaire my Envy 17. Now it is worse than before. Shame HP. I will not never buy HP pc anymore.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)