Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Apple Ipad 16GB
iOS 9 - 9.3.5

Trying to download HP Smart App on Ipad with IOS 9.3.5.  App response is "Unable to Purchase"  "HP Smart is not compatible with this IPAD.  Not sure why as the IOS is within the parameters of the requirements. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RD_11

A warm welcome to HP Community!

As per this document, HP Smart requires iOS 10 or later. I believe you can install HP Smart on your iPad once you upgrade to the latest iOS. You may use the steps available here to update your iPad. 

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RD_11

A warm welcome to HP Community!

As per this document, HP Smart requires iOS 10 or later. I believe you can install HP Smart on your iPad once you upgrade to the latest iOS. You may use the steps available here to update your iPad. 

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have iPad MD371LL/A which does not have an upgrade path to IOS 10.  Therefore, while HpEprint worked beautifully on this iPad before you discontinued it, I can no longer print to my HP printers with this iPad because HP Smart requires IOS 10 at least.  Why did you do this to me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.