Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion-x2-h003sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I have a HP Pavilion with two Microsoft accounts for logging in with. My wife signs in with her outlook address and this works fine.

However, I can't log in to my account and this is the administrator account and so I cannot update any software etc. I get a password error message.

I use a hotmail account daily and it is  working as I can sign in to my emails without issue using the same password - any advice?
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Darragh2 

Since you're using an MSN login, you should be able to use this information to reset your account:  https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

20190619_214030.jpg20190619_214351.jpg

HP Recommended

As you can see from the photo above, I do not have an issue with accessing my Microsoft account - I use my Hotmail daily and OneDrive but with the same address and password I get the error message I have posted in the message above.

HP Recommended

Anyone any idea? Microsoft no help - same suggestion - reset password which didn't help and was never the issue anyway. Every piece of advice seems to be from a robot that hasn't read the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.