Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot login in to HP-Pavilion-x2

Pavilion-x2-h003sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I have a HP Pavilion with two Microsoft accounts for logging in with. My wife signs in with her outlook address and this works fine.

However, I can't log in to my account and this is the administrator account and so I cannot update any software etc. I get a password error message.

I use a hotmail account daily and it is  working as I can sign in to my emails without issue using the same password - any advice?
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
18,540 16,498 1,535 3,661
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Darragh2 

Since you're using an MSN login, you should be able to use this information to reset your account:  https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Darragh2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

20190619_214030.jpg20190619_214351.jpg

0 Kudos
Darragh2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As you can see from the photo above, I do not have an issue with accessing my Microsoft account - I use my Hotmail daily and OneDrive but with the same address and password I get the error message I have posted in the message above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Darragh2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone any idea? Microsoft no help - same suggestion - reset password which didn't help and was never the issue anyway. Every piece of advice seems to be from a robot that hasn't read the issue.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation