Bulit274
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant run cd boot in hp pavilion 13-a200nw

13-a200nw
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Hi i cant boot that pc from external cd tried two external cd i turn off secure boot legacy and delete all legacy boot key but still notebook wont start from cd help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
46,719 40,980 4,449 11,588
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CDs, generally speaking, are not bootable.  You probably mean DVD media instead. 

What type of "external cd" device are you using and how is it connected to the notebook?

What kind of media are you using and what is on the media?

What do you mean by the following statement? "delete all legacy boot key"

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
You can click on accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.
You can say thanks for my response by clicking on the blue thumbs up.
0 Kudos
Bulit274
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem solved u just have to turn to disable all possible "legacy" option in bios boot option then u can just change boot option as u want even to usb. BTW worst idea ever to secure it that way to someone that didnt know anything about bios and want to change boot device this will be horror for ex. in my asus notebook i just have to change boot order no any secure lock why do i ever need it mannn.... ANYWAY thx for try but problem is solved topic can be closed.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation