Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP15- P030nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Upon turning on my laptop and pressing the power button, the system powers up and the keyboard backlight flashes for a second before the caps lock light begins blinking.

A short time after boot up the system beeps in sets of two for a total of ten times.

It was working just fine this morning now is nonfunctional please help! 

I tried to restore bios using using the windows button + B or V. it did not prompt the screen the turn up on.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Look through the HP document here on blink codes/beeps to see if any pattern. The hard reset may help under Beep codes section:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hey thanks so much for that link.

according to that it is a bios issue, how can I fix it?

HP Recommended

Follow the steps in the chart. And try the hard reset mentioned under Beep codes.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I tried the hard reset procedures none of which Powered on the screen, I noticed that when I held control v it took a very long time to begin beeping.

is there a sequence code or something I can enter to make the bios reset? My screen is still blank that’s the only hurdle here

i also read that there is a USB installation option but how do I get it to activate if my screen is not working?

appreciate the help

HP Recommended

I formatted a USB, downloaded the bios update and have tried restarting many time with Win+B and Win+V neither gets my screen to turn on.

help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.