Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-k223TX

Hello HP team 🙂 

i need assistance regarding blinking of caps lock. I have this hp model with me and last day somebody entered wrong BIOS password and afterwards when i switched it on its caps lock is blinking after each second. Display is not available right now. I have not opened it yet

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

Number of Blinks may help....

Age of PC and BIOS manufacturer also.

EG:

This table lists AMI beep codes that can occur when attempting to recover/flash the BIOS. Use these codes to help troubleshoot problems related to system startup or flashing BIOS memory (such as in BIOS upgrades).

BEEPS

BIOS POST CODE

NO MEDIA DETECTED

ROM FILE NOT FOUND IN ROOT DIRECTORY

INSERT NEXT MEDIA VOLUME

FLASH PROGRAMMING SUCCESSFUL

FAILURE WHILE READING FILE

FLASH EPROM NOT DETECTED

FAILURE WHILE ERASING FLASH MEMORY

FLASH PROGRAM ERROR

PROBLEM WITH ROM FILE SIZE

ROM IMAGE DOES NOT MATCH BIOS REQUIREMENTS

These AMI beep codes can occur when there is a problem during the attempt of a normal system startup. You can use these codes to help troubleshoot issues related to system startup.

BEEPS

DESCRIPTION

MEMORY TIMING FAILURE

MEMORY PARITY ERROR

MEMORY READ OR WRITE FAILURE

FATAL ERRORS RELATED TO THE

OPERATION OF CRITICAL MAIN BOARD

COMPONENTS:-

SUCH AS THE CPU.

VIDEO MEMORY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.